Broward County hosted a free Go SOLAR Fest January 25-26 at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale. The event offers solar and electrical contractors, installers and residents interested in bringing more solar energy to South Florida and a unique opportunity to hear from the experts about recent advances in permitting, financing, solar rights, zoning, net metering and interconnection.
Also highlighted were the successes of the Go SOLAR Broward Rooftop Solar Challenge, and exhibits featuring the latest solar technologies. It was a great opportunity to get answers to all of your solar energy questions.
Go SOLAR Fest served as a catalyst to promote PV system installations, diversify energy sources and create jobs in Broward County and the state of Florida. Topics discussed included:
• Solar challenges, solutions and recommendations to advance solar regionally and statewide
• Go SOLAR Online Permitting system
• Potential financing options for rooftop PV solar systems installation
• Florida solar rights and revisions to local zoning ordinances among partner cities
• Best practices for interconnection and net metering