From Go Riverwalk Magazine BITES: This summer, enjoy Mediterranean inspired food and libations featuring dishes from Sweet Nectar’s custom designed lump wood charcoal. In addition to traditional dining, Sweet Nectar offers creative small and share portions with divine concoctions, wines and craft brews in a comfortable outdoor setting on Las Olas Boulevard.
Executive Chef & Mixologist Peter Cumplido at Sweet Nectar Charcoal Grill and Spirits has created an edgy new promotion based on the popular dating app Tinder with help from the creative team at WebDiner, a local company that specializes in restaurant marketing, design and technology. Bring your Tinder date to Sweet Nectar, show your match, and you and your date will enjoy a free cocktail or shared dessert. Tinder is the fun way to connect with new and interesting people around you. Swipe right to like or le to pass. If someone likes you back, it’s a match! Chat with a match to see if there is a connection. Who knows where it will go!
Sweet Nectar recently joined Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale’s membership rewards program. If you are a Riverwalk Fort Lauderdale member, you can receive up to 20 percent discount through the end of 2014.
- Saffron Summer Blossom = 44 north sunny slope nectarine, saffron honey syrup, Orange extract, ginger extract, Ginger wine
- Honey Bee Buzz ( to benefit save the bees) = Damrak Gin, house made orange blossom honey, elderberry juice, soloreno orange liquor
- Tipsy Tamarind = picso porton, tamarind puree, black pepper syrup, lime juice, agave
- Ancho Apple = montelobos mezcal, ancho reyes, apple celery syrup, dr browns celery soda, smoked sea salt rim
Top three Desserts:
- S’mores, served table side
- deconstructed apple pie, fried pie dough, cinnamon ice-cream, and mason jar of apple compote
- chocolate croissant bread pudding, peanut butter fudge ice ice-cream
Sweet Nectar Charcoal Grill & Spirits at 1017 East Las Olas Boulevard | Fort Lauderdale | Twitter & Instagram @sweetnectarbuzz | Facebook /sweetnectarbuzz
Renée Korbel Quinn | Mixology & Lifestyle Editor
Creating unique content for Eye on South Florida. A Downtown Girl Mixing it up in the South Florida scene. The latest in craft cocktails, craft beers and culinary experiences. Connecting with spirited friends to share ideas, stories and life! Think of it as “Cocktail Therapy”. Read her BITES column in Go Riverwalk Magazine and get social on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.